Saturday, August 30, 2008

Universe is a fractal


UNIVERSE IS A FRACTAL - Pt. 1: Introduction
Determinism (fate)
The problem with
free will
I argue that I have free will, and can demonstrate free will by trying and by choosing. In order to try and to choose, I need to think, and in order to
think, time must pass, because thinking is a process; thinking is a verb, not a status. In order to think and get to B from A, A must exist. "A" may be conscious or subconscious, but my thought has an origin regarding its assembly. Significantly, as I am never aware of the assembly of my thoughts, I cannot control or select them. I do not control my ideas either. Ideas appear in my conscious mind in the same way. I perceive that I am in control, but I am not in control.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/matthew-black/id288362060
Why did you press that?

My "control" of my body is a perception
I am not in control because I cannot control or select the reasons for my thoughts, choices and actions. The reasons here are outside of me or originate from within my subconscious.

You and me
Ordinarily, I am not aware of my body as I walk. My body balances itself, moves and avoids obstacles without my “controlling” it. Here, I perceive that I control only a part of my body: part of my brain.
I see you, and my body ordinarily moves to shake your hand. My subconscious deals with the process, the approach and the shaking. You fall over on your way to me. My body corrects its trajectory, and it helps you up. You did something unpredictable or “random”, and I accommodated it. I am not controlling my thoughts (q.v.) and my thoughts operate my body: my story cannot change because I’m not telling it: it is being told. So you were part of my story, and you must, if you exist like I do, have perceived that you were in control, but are not in control, like me. Your randomness is my perception; and mine is yours.

The universe
I visit a telescope to look at the patterns of the stars. I sit down, look through it, and my eyes focus on a star. The movement of my eyes as they lock onto a star is not from my instruction, my eyes move as part of the complex mathematical unwinding of the universe in its evolution. That I am not in control and yet can focus on a star exemplifies the LOGIC (q.v.) & MATHEMATICS (q.v.) that relate my eyes’ movement, my thought and the star’s position with respect to me over time. I am not in control, and, as shown on the following pages, the process of living is not random.

LOGIC
The above is evidence of determinism. There follows an argument in logic, that uses two axioms, “I think” and “0 does not = 1”, and concludes that without determinism I cannot think. Consequent arguments follow this.
UNIVERSE IS A FRACTAL - Pt. 2: Universe is deterministic
This is the argument expressed in logic statements:
Random process and logic process cannot coexist
Logic process: input determines output
Therefore Logic process output is determinate

Random process: input does not determine output
Therefore Random process output is NOT determinate
Therefore Random process is NOT a logic process
Input either does or does not determine output (Axiom: 0 does not =1):
Therefore Conclusion: Random process XOR[1] logic process

I think

Axiom: “I think therefore I am” (reference: Descartes: “cogito ergo sum).

The logic of languange

T-H-I-N-K
The mnemonic “T-H-I-N-K” indicates the passage of time during the assembly of T-H-I-N-K in my mind, to give an outcome over time.
T-H-I-N-K - Input Determines Output - logic
The deduction follows from “T-H-I-N-K” that over time subconscious inputs to T-H, with later assemblies of I-N, give rise to K, in the example, and that input determines output for the outcome THINK thought-completion, giving the meaning “think”. (The last letter is not J, for example, instead, T-H-I-N determines K, and that determination is not supplied by my conscious mind because I have not memorised the combinations of characters required to determine the next letter, in this case K, and I certainly do not consciously compute how to complete the word from the preceding characters).

The connection of my mind to reality

Consider the following:
· Immeasurables (e.g. from quantum mechanics, Einstein’s “hidden variables”)
· unperceivables
· activity in other dimensions in my space
· other universes in other dimensions, operating concurrently with this universe’s space
· others
Some of these might change what I perceive, although I cannot measure them. I have represented such quantities, in this context, with the word “ether”. Examples of ether are consciousness, and “life force”. For example, I perceive that someone has died, although I cannot measure the facet that has changed to cause death. Using my definition, this is ether. Ether exists, because you and I cannot measure consciousness. Other examples include the measurement of pain and suffering. Eventually, the quantity for pain, for example, may become measurable, and it can then be removed from the ether.
Ether is deterministic, by deduction, as follows:
Consider the volume indicated within a tiny sphere in the plane or surface of the join between ether and the synapse[2] of one of my brain neurones. The inputs: 1) ether AND 2) electricity AND 3) the physical synapse, cannot together at the same time both determine the output, and yet not determine the output (from the XOR example above). The synaptic encounter delivers the logic “T-H-I-N-K” to my mind, so my input, ether+electricity+synapse determines “T-H-I-N-K” (an assembly of the mnemonic) to my mind: logic. There is also logic execution in my synapse in the real world. Input determines output. Of course, more spheres may actually be needed to determine such advanced logic as the mnemonic “T-H-I-N-K”.
The deduction is that ether+electricity+synapse is logic processing. There are no gradations of logic (logic has a state 1; no logic, 0). A madman still executes language in his mind. So long as there is meaning in the language a man thinks, he has logic in his synapses.
The physical synapse (its chemical composition & movement/flexing), the electricity and the ether are thus deterministic.
If I consider the tiny sphere further, I notice that within it, there is only logic. I increase the radius (r) while considering the expression above “Random process XOR logic process”. Eventually, the radius increases by dr, and just under the surface of the sphere say 2dr deep, comprises possibly part random process and part logic process. Since Random process XOR logic process”, and there is at least partly a logic process, then random process is a fallacy just under the sphere’s surface. Thus, as the sphere expands further, I eliminate random process from my room, from the world and from the universe. So the “random element” as I have known it for 2 ½ years is excluded, and what’s more, it is a fallacy.
But if the universe if infinite, how can I determine that there is no random element? This question is considered in Pt.3.
Conclusion – Pt 2
UNIVERSE IS DETERMINISTIC
I cannot think otherwise
Some points re later sections:
· LOGIC, will encompass all facets of logic
· MATHEMETICS (universal) is the physical consequence of the execution of LOGIC, comprising, ether and perceivables.
· LOGIC = dTRUTH/dTIME
UNIVERSE IS A FRACTAL - Pt. 3: required deduction re the beginning of universe (notes)
It is illogical that universe started in several places, because nothing would separate the several places. Nothing is not space. Nothing does not exist. Without space, there can be no distance between start points: thus there is one point of origin. This is valid because the universe is logical (see above). Here foreveor?

∞ is indeterminate (for example, ∞ +1)
But Universe is deterministic (over)
Thus Universe is finite
Thus Time in the past is finite
Thus Universe began; time began
Time is continuous (Gaps In Time Give Continuity)
From “Time is continuous” (Above) Þ Logic Continuous (time passes as logic executes)
Logic is present at t=0
At t=0 there logic and nothing is a fallacy.
The reason the universe began is because nothing does not exist.
Conclusion:
Universe is finite and began because nothing is a fallacy
Conjecture:
At t=0, LOGIC, Ether = 0
And within current perceivables:
matter + antimatter =
+ electrostatic charge + -ve electrostatic charge =
energy – light – wave only – zero wavelength =
© 2000-2002, Darren Upton. All rights reserved.


[1] Either, or, but not both
[2] this not an axiom. The synapse in this context, does not have to be in my brain.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2015 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

above prior to deduction that Universal theory is a fractal

 
At September 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the above was written over 3 years: I have a very big folder of notes if anybody is interested enough :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home